Wednesday, October 11, 2006

MW appt

Yesterday was my two week checkup appointment with my Midwife. My lovely sister watched Brooke for me so it was just Summer and I. The appointment was wonderful. My midwife oohed and aahhed over Summer, took a lot of pictures, and made a lot of nice comments about how healthy and nice she looked and how nice her temperment is. We talked for about an hour, most of the time I was nursing Summer. We talked about the differences between Summer and Brooke, cord compression during labor (I had asked out of curiosity what her procedures where if cord compression occurred), my homebirth, and how good I was feeling. My mw weighed Summer and she is now up to 10lbs 4 oz, about. She didn't want to make Summer cold by stripping her down so she just subtracted a few oz for her clothes and diaper. We will know her official weight tomorrow when she has her first appointment with the pediatrician. Well it was a wonderful visit and I left feeling generally good. Can't wait for the six week checkup!

No comments: